Ruby on Rails Software Engineer
Caresharing – a grown-up company with startup culture – develops awesome user-friendly collaborative software to make multidisciplinary collaboration in healthcare as simple as possible. Our latest product ‘cBoards’ is picking up steam in a lot of countries. Based on the feedback of many healthcare professionals and patients, we’re now developing the option to make collaboration outside of the patient context much easier. Think of a combination of Slack channels and LinkedIn communities. We’re looking for extra help to make this happen!
Why choose Caresharing?
- There are many companies in Cebu doing outsourcing work. We don’t believe this is the best environment for the greatest developers. There will always be different clients with very different expectations. We work on our own platform and therefore, can go deep into the technology and keep on improving. This gives you all the possibilities to grow as a developer.
- The team you’ll be part of is a good mix of senior and more junior developers. Within the team, you’ll get all the help to grow and become better, for example by code reviews done by experienced developers.
- You’ll get international experience because we also have an office in Amsterdam and our app is used in countries like Japan, Germany, and Saudi-Arabia. From the origin, the Netherlands is our home market, but we’re expanding rapidly now.
- One of the best salaries in Cebu! We’re not billing clients by the hour but focus on building the best software product in Healthcare. This means we pay better.
- We provide every day free lunch. This is also a good time to interact with the rest of the company.
- And last but not least, every line you code will have an impact on improving the lives of others. For example, improving the complex coordination around elderly care patients so they can live a longer happier life at home.
- Help develop and maintain our new unique product cBoards for collaboration in Healthcare
- Research current and cutting edge technologies for our cBoards product
- Ensure the best possible quality and performance
- Write automated test and validation code
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Provide tech support/troubleshoot/fix problems regarding cBoards features
- Participate in Scrum activities
- Help and teach others to learn about Ruby
Who you are:
- Quick learner
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Good team player
- An eye for clean code
- Passion to learn new technologies
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- 4 or more years of experience in developing web applications
- Knowledge of Ruby (better if you have JRuby experience)
- Knowledge of web services (SOAP, REST, etc.)
We’ll be more impressed if you:
- Have experience with Healthcare applications
- Have experience in developing chat or social applications
- Contributed to open source projects
- Very attractive salary
- HMO (health care benefit) upon regularization
- Group accident insurance upon joining the company up to 1M
- Vacation Leave (incl. official holidays): 27 days
- Usual government benefits - 13th-month pay, sss, PhilHealth and pag-ibig
The first step after sending in the application
After we receive your application we will first ask you to do a test at home which can be completed in a day. If we’re happy with the result we’ll invite you for an interview in our office with someone from the cBoards team.
Know that we appreciate your time and efforts in performing this test, thanks a lot in advance!